Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Common Courtesy

What I don't understand is a general lack of common courtesy I witness during a typical day:



Example 1-Holding the door open.



If subject A enters the door while subject B is following closely behind, shouldn't it go without saying that Subject A should hold the door for subject B?



Even if subject A turns around to see if anyone is coming, that would be a huge improvement. I just don't get how you can literally slam a door in someone's face. It's very upsetting.



Example 2-Improper use of smoking benches.



I could literally dedicate an entire blog to this, but my friend Laura has already done so. Please check out her blog at :http://www.lauracnick.blogspot.com/ for a full explanation.



Example 3-Litter



This one KILLS me! We need to be respecting our property, not abusing it. With trashcans (and recycling bins) around nearly every corner there really is no excuse for such a disgusting act. We are lucky to have such a beautiful campus, and to be quite honest (and cliche) litter trashes everyone.



So that's all I've got for today. Stay tuned for some potential topics I've got floating around:



Why people strike up conversations during study time

Racism

Video Games



And some others. Let me know if there's anything you'd like to read about!

2 comments:

SaM-1 said...

I really don't pay attention to the littering and the smoking benches, but I get so irritated when I'm walking in a door right behind someone and the door ends up closing right in my face. Yes, I get angry but then I must remember that there are some rude and careless people in the world. But I always do my part in making sure that I hold the door open to in case someone is coming in or leaving out after me....it's just "common courtesy!"

awillowcabin said...

I totally agree with the litter comment - I hate people who litter. How hard is it to walk a few feet and put it in a trash can? C'mon now.

And it saddens me when I have to do a quick skip-forward-hand-in-the-door maneuver so it doesn't shut in my face. Some people are just lazy, man.