Sunday, November 16, 2008

Dance party downers

What I don't understand is why people go out dancing, but do everything but dance.

Let me explain...

I recently attended a party at the SAC, which almost everyone knows is a gathering of young people who love to "get crunk". Yes, I love to get crunk from time to time.

However, what I don't love is when other party attendees feel the need to stand around and literally stare at everyone on the dance floor.

Why even go?

It's not like the blaring music and dark lighting provide ideal conditions for observation.

I understand if perhaps you don't like a particular song, or just aren't feeling the DJ, but when you attend every party with the sole purpose of standing around creepily watching everyone else, it gets a little uncomfortable.

At least walk around a little bit. Bob your head. Something.

While I'm on my soap box, let me also just say that I don't understand why people feel the need to carry on an entire conversation while on the dance floor.

Call me old fashioned, but when I say "hey let's go dancing!" I literally mean "let's go dance", not "let's go talk about your favorite hair product and latest roommate drama."

So that's that. Comments?

6 comments:

Britastic said...

Agreed! I love attending SAC parties with you b/c we are true dancers :) And I do not appreciate all the wallflowers! lol

Zade said...

Well I don't know about you, but I get down on the flo' every time. I agree with you, people need to break dance down that barrier that keeps them from just relaxing and just going to the center and just wiggle a finger (that worked in the 1920's).

SaM-1 said...

Parties at the SAC... I am totally allergic to them. Why pay $5, $3, or $2 to stand around and watch people dance??? It is ridiculous. But I mainly go and stand around to watch other people make fools out of themselves.

Side note...
Honestly, I can't imagine you getting "crunk" at any time. :)

Sarah MacDonald said...

haha crunk is my middle name :)

carolina magic said...

It's been so long since I've danced--(used to love to "twist and shout" to that old Beatles song)--that it's tough for me to comment.

I can probably dance about as well as I can shoot hoops (which, you know how good I am at that.)

By the way, what's the meaning of "getting crunk"?

Sarah MacDonald said...

hahaha "getting crunk" pretty much means having fun and dancing. according to urbandictionary.com it can be one or more of the following:

1. partying
2. pushing people around and getting wild and crazy in the club
3. dancing/rapping/etc.